Regular Broadcast times of Encore are:
11:00 – 12:00 UTC Saturday 6070 kHz Channel 292 to Europe – Simulcast on 9670 kHz
- 01:00 – 02:00 UTC Sunday 5850 kHz, Simulcast on 5010 kHz WRMI to the US, Canada and Central America.
- 17:00 – 18:00 UTC Sunday 9670 kHz Channel 292 to Europe
- 22:00 – 23:00 UTC Sunday 3955 kHz Channel 292 to Europe
- 03:00 – 04:00 UTC Monday 5950 kHz WRMI to the US and Canada
- 13:00 – 14:00 UTC Tuesday 15770 kHz WRMI to Europe, east coast of US and Iceland.
- 03:00 – 04:00 UTC Thursday 5800 kHz WRMI to South America and Caribbean & US
- 20:00 – 21:00 UTC Friday 6070 kHz Channel 292 to Europe.
NOTE – 03:00 – 04:00 UTC Monday 5950 kHz WRMI to the US and Canada is a new frequency to improve propagation – was 9455 kHz.
NOTE – 13:00 – 14:00 UTC Tuesday 15770 kHz WRMI to Europe, east coast of US and Iceland – discontinued for the time being.
NOTE – 03:00 – 04:00 UTC Thursday on 5800 kHz may not be available for Encore for the next few weeks due to scheduling.
NOTE – Apologies for the persistent RTTY on the LSB of the 13:00 UTC transmissions of Encore from WRMI on 15770 audible in parts of northern Europe in recent weeks. Somebody’s navy presumably – naming no names…
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org Informal reception reports as well as those requesting eQSL welcome. The website is www.tumbril.co.uk where we show transmission times and frequencies, the playlist for the most recent programme, more information about Radio Tumbril, and the email link.
This week’s programme starts with a brass quintet by Malcolm Arnold, followed by some Palestrina, a couple of traditional Armenian tunes, and the Introduction and Allegro by Ravel. After that three short piano pieces by US composer Amy Beach, an early string quartet from Beethoven,and a Baroque flute and organ duet composed by Dario Costello. The programme finishes with Térabga-Bah by contemporary composer Catrin Finch.
Channel 292 can be pulled live off the internet if the reception is poor in your location. Easy to find their site with a google search. A very good site for online SDR receivers all over the world is: http://kiwisdr.com/public/ Click the ‘Map’ button in the top left of the screen.
Thank you for spreading the word about Encore – Classical Music on Shortwave on Radio Tumbril.
Brice Avery – Encore – Radio Tumbril – Scotland